Exchange unease for satisfaction
Managers or directors, are you feeling uneasy about the impact that your team's work has on the environment?
Do you want to change this while also enhancing your team's solidarity and sense of purpose?
Employees engaged in work-place sustainability projects enjoy work more.
As a manager, you have the power to leverage your work
to make meaningful change.
It starts with one successful sustainability initiative.
An initiative that is relevant and adds value to your team and your organization.
I'll work directly with one-on-one to develop a green action initiative and
support you as you and your team put it into practice.
Trade-in FRUSTRATION for ACTION
Our disregard for the environment, the harm we're causing nature and the mess we're leaving today's kids is upsetting. Even if we want to do more to help, though, we often struggle to figure out how we can make a meaningful contribution.
In the past, have you struggled to:
- Figure out which meaningful green action to focus on?
- Find the time to put green initiatives into place?
- Navigate naysayers who hold you back from reaching your sustainability potential?
- Make the case for green action to senior staff and colleagues?
I'll help you navigate these common challenges so you can feel inspired, empowered and hopeful about the future
MAKE A CHANGE THAT WORKS FOR Your Team and Organization
I'll work with you one on one to identify a sustainability initiative for you to implement with your team so you can:
- Help the environment and meet another goal, such as improve your team's performance, build rapport with another department, gain a greater sense of fulfillment, build community, reduce costs or make your organization more resilient.
- Leave a legacy by integrating green action into your team’s day-to-day work.
- Make it is easy for your co-workers to get behind because it supports your team’s core work goals.
- Remove barriers and gain yea-sayers to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Engage, energize and inspire your team.
- Meet with you to learn more about your goals, your team and to begin to identify potential green initiatives.
- Conduct further research to identify good green initiatives and leverage points for you.
- Meet with you to evaluate proposed green initiatives and determine initiative to move forward with.
- Set implementation goal, objectives and timeline.
- Develop strategies to navigate common challenges.
- Accountability check-ins (i.e. six follow-up phone calls) to keep you on track as you implement green action that you and your team are proud of.
Sustainability initiatives are unique to your team, area of expertise and organization but here are a few examples:
- Revise your team's job descriptions to include green action responsibilites.
- Upcycle one of your wastes into a resource to reduce waste, provide a greener resource for someone else and possibly create a new revenue stream.
- Implement an environmental certification program to increase your organization’s environmental credibility that simultaneously helps you identify where you could do better.
- Enhance the nature on your work property or neighbourhood to create wildlife habitat, reduce flooding, moderate summer temperatures and add to the beauty of your neighbourhood.
- Make it easier for your clients, students or staff to connect with nature to improve their physical and mental health, and grow their environmental appreciation.
- Switch to a non-fossil fuel based energy source to reduce your contribution to climate change, decrease your dependence on fossil fuel and increase your energy security.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
I'd love to chat with you about planning a tailored green action initiative for your team that you're proud of.