Launch a green initiative with your team
TRADE-IN WORRY FOR HOPE
Our disregard for the environment, the harm we're causing nature and the mess we're leaving today's kids is upsetting. Even if we want to do more to help, though, we often struggle to figure out how we can make a meaningful contribution
Instead of worried, frustrated or guilty I want you to feel inspired, empowered and hopeful about the future. You can adjust your work to make a meaningful difference.
Build an engaged team by doing more good together
I can work with you and your team to identify and implement a sustainability initiative that:
- Aligns with your team’s work styles and goals.
- Fits well with the work your team does day to day.
- Leaves a legacy that will continue to make a difference even if you and others in your team move on.
- Has multiple benefits. It’ll help the environment and meet another goal, such as build community, reduce costs or make your organization more resilient.
- And, maybe even more importantly, your team will know that long-lasting, meaningful change is possible; they'll have a valuable sustainability story to tell; they'll be more engaged; and they'll be inspired to take more action.
Sustainability initiatives are unique to your team, area of expertise and organization but here are a few examples:
- Upcycle one of your wastes into a resource to reduce waste, provide a greener resource for someone else and possibly create a new revenue stream.
- Implement an environmental certification program to increase your organization’s environmental credibility that simultaneously helps you identify where you could do better.
- Enhance the nature on your work property or neighbourhood to create wildlife habitat, reduce flooding, moderate summer temperatures and add to the beauty of your neighbourhood.
- Make it easier for your clients, students or staff to connect with nature to improve their physical and mental health, and grow their environmental appreciation.
- Switch to a non-fossil fuel based energy source to reduce your contribution to climate change, decrease your dependence on fossil fuel and increase your energy security.
- Identify a sustainability initiative that your team is enthusiastic to launch.
- Support your team as they successfully implement a sustainability initiative that they're proud of.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
I'd love to chat with you about launching a win-win workplace sustainability initiative that's right for your team.