Launch a green initiative with your team
TRADE-IN WORRY FOR HOPE
Our disregard for the environment, the harm we're causing nature and the mess we're leaving today's kids is upsetting. Even if we want to do more to help, though, we often struggle to figure out how we can make a meaningful contribution
In this customized strategic team-mentoring program you'll make a difference by launching a successful green initiative with your team. Instead of feeling worried, guilty or apathetic you'll feel inspired, empowered and hopeful about the future.
Build an engaged team by doing more good together
I'll work with you and your team to identify and implement an initiative that:
- Leaves a legacy by integrating green action into your team’s day-to-day work.
- Is easy for your co-workers to get behind because it supports your team’s core work goals.
- Removes barriers and gains yea-sayers to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Has multiple benefits. It’ll help the environment and meet another goal, such as build community, reduce costs or make your organization more resilient.
- Engages, energizes and inspires your team.
- Meet with you to learn more about your team, your goals and to begin to identify potential green initiatives.
- Interview team members to better understand their work role and opportunities for integrating green action into their work.
- Conduct further research to identify potential green initiatives.
- Host team workshop to evaluate proposed green initiatives, determine initiative to move forward with and identify implementation goals with your team.
- Accountability check-ins (i.e. six follow-up phone calls) to keep you on track as you and your team implement green action that you're proud of.
Sustainability initiatives are unique to your team, area of expertise and organization but here are a few examples:
- Upcycle one of your wastes into a resource to reduce waste, provide a greener resource for someone else and possibly create a new revenue stream.
- Implement an environmental certification program to increase your organization’s environmental credibility that simultaneously helps you identify where you could do better.
- Enhance the nature on your work property or neighbourhood to create wildlife habitat, reduce flooding, moderate summer temperatures and add to the beauty of your neighbourhood.
- Make it easier for your clients, students or staff to connect with nature to improve their physical and mental health, and grow their environmental appreciation.
- Switch to a non-fossil fuel based energy source to reduce your contribution to climate change, decrease your dependence on fossil fuel and increase your energy security.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
I'd love to chat with you about launching a win-win workplace sustainability initiative that's right for your team.